‘Being a parent at Choochoos, they are always friendly and well organised. My child is very happy at Choochoos’, (Parent, November 2020).
How does Choochoos involve families?
- Parent/carer/family member rota.
- Entering Choochoos at drop off and collection times.
- Suggestion box in lobby area.
- Meet and greet daily, verbal and in person conversations, with key person and management daily.
- Contribution to termly menus.
- Termly meeting with key person about a child’s development and progress.
- Termly or spontaneous questionnaires/speech bubbles.
- Invited along to outings.
- Provide parents/carers forums/workshops and invited to staff training.
- Parent pack meeting, home visit and settling sessions at the start of a child’s journey at Choochoos.
- Taking part in deciding on starting points for the child and reviewing these every term with the key person.
- Facebook page and instagram, with regular updates.
- Regular emails and monthly newsletters.
- Means to ensure all parents/carers are included, that may mean we have different strategies for parents/carers who work or live apart from their children.
- Consulting with all parents/carers to find out what works best for them.
- Informing all parents/carers about how Choochoos operates, through its policies and procedures.
- Asking for views, feedback and input in to Choochoos policies and procedures.
- Contribution to their child’s eyLog online learning journey.
- Providing information about opportunities to be involved, in ways that are accessible to parents/carers with basic skills needs or those for whom English is an additional language.
- Invited to planned events throughout the year.