What are parent forums?
- Workshops/training/information events for parents/carers.
- To provide parents/carers with knowledge in particular areas of interest.
- To help parents/carers to support their child’s needs, interests, development and learning.
- Completing forums helps Choochoos to develop our parent partnership and engaging parents in their child’s early years.
- Choochoos would decide to provide a parent/carer forum when we identify a need for the forum.
What are the forums about?
- Child’s routine, e.g. sleep, meals, health eating, etc.
- Child development and learning, e.g. EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage Guidance), ECAT (Every Child A Talker), Schema, Well being and involvement, etc.
- eyLog use.
- Ofsted Guidance.
- Activity ideas, e.g. craft, music, maths, outdoors, etc.
ECAT (Every child a talker) workshop
In the past we have provided our parents/carers with a ECAT forum. During this forum we provided activity based examples, activities to complete at home, role model use, leaflets, handouts and more.
A schema is seen to be a pattern a child demonstrates through their actions, language or play. Choochoos has provided schema training events for our parents/carers to develop their knowledge and understanding of schemas, so they could help to support and develop their child’s schemas at home.
Makaton is a unique language programme that uses symbols, signs and speech to enable people to communicate. It supports the development of essential communication skills, such as attention and listening, comprehension, memory, recall and organisation of language and expression.
We provided a makaton training event for our parents/carers to develop their knowledge and understanding of makaton to be able to use with their child at home.
Please let us know if you are interested in Choochoos providing a forum or workshop for you to help support your child’s learning and development.