Ofsted inspections – why are we outstanding?
Who are Ofsted?
- Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills.
- They inspect services providing education and skills for learners of all ages and regulate services that care for children and young people.
- Ofsted’s role is to make sure that organisations providing education, training and care services in England do so, to a high standard for children and students.
- Click here to find out more about Ofsted on their website: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ofsted
- Ofsted contact number is: 0300 123 1231
‘Children excitedly explore resources, participate in planned activities and play independently. Children receive excellent support from the attentive staff team’, (Ofsted, September 2019).
Why do we have Ofsted inspections?
- Once a provider (provisions for children) is registered on the Ofsted Early Years Register, Ofsted carry out regular inspections to evaluate the overall quality and standards of its early years provision, in line with the principles and requirements of the ‘Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage (EYFS)’.
- The inspection cycle runs every 4 years.
- Providers on the early years register will normally have their setting inspected at least once within this four year cycle unless there is a serious concern.
- The primary purpose of an inspection under this framework is to bring about improvement in education provision.
- Click here to view ‘Ofsted’s Early Years Inspection Framework’.
Canterbury Choochoos Ofsted inspection
- Canterbury’s last Ofsted Inspection took place in September 2019.
- To view our 2019 Ofsted Report, click here.
- Our Ofsted report can also be accessed in our lobby.
- Canterbury Choochoos Ofsted registration number is 2629640.
‘Staff support and extend children’s individual interests and development exceptionally well’, (Ofsted, September 2019).
Why are we ‘outstanding’?
- A strong embedded key person approach.
- Successful, strong partnership with parents/carers and families.
- Excellent transitions and enrollment procedure, we provide a parent pack, home visit and settling sessions.
- Free flow environment inside and outside.
- Large outdoor space, providing natural experiences.
- Staffing team provide exceptional, quality care to our children.
- Children make positive progress and development in their learning.
- Daily routine and activities provide highly engaging and stimulating experiences for our children.
- Highly qualified, caring and motivated staff.
- A strong recruitment, training and support programme for all staff members.
- A reflective and evaluative process is in place to consistently improve outcomes for children.
- Independence, choice and the voice of the child is included in everything we do.
- Regular walks, outings and visits to the local community are in place in our setting, located in an area which is rich in choice.
- Healthy meals prepared on site.
- Staff are valued and appreciate our strong ethos to promote independence.
- Support packages offered to meet the needs for all of our attending children.
- High staff to child ratio.
- Work closely with outside agencies to improve outcomes for our children.
‘The provider uses robust recruitment procedures to ensure the high calibre and suitability of staff. She invests in developing their already excellent teaching skills, such as by providing a programme of training courses’, (Ofsted, September 2019).
Please tell as why you think we are outstanding, share with us verbally, written or via email email@example.com