A child with a transporting schema moves everything from one place to another. This is a common schema in toddlers.
A child who has a transporting schema may:
- Put sand in a bucket and move it to another area.
- Take things from one place to another in prams, trolleys and bags.
- Go back and forth bringing you items from around the room.
If a child has a transporting schema parents/carers can provide:
- A collection of bags and boxes.
- Pushchairs and trucks.
- Pasta and other items to transport.