A child who has a transforming schema is interested in things (or themselves) changing or changing appearance. This can show itself in interesting ways, some of which could be really inconvenient, such as, covering their hands with paint or their face with parents/carers makeup.
If a child has a transforming schema they may:
- Love to mix different coloured paints together.
- Demolish another child’s careful building or even take things apart.
- Show an interest in ice melting or jelly setting.
- Loves dressing up clothes.
If a child has transforming schema parents/carers may like to provide:
- Baking cakes together.
- Make home made ice lollies.
- Building blocks to build up and knock down.
- Lots of dressing up clothes.
- Lots of play dough.