A child that has a trajectory schema is interested in items and themselves moving in straight lines up, down or across. Trajectory is a very common schema and one that young babies will often display, explaining why they love to drop things from their highchairs.
A child with a trajectory schema may:
- Always seem to be running around.
- Likes throwing things.
- Likes to play with running water.
- Likes pushing things in a straight line.
If a child has a trajectory schema a parent/carer might like to provide:
- Soft balls to throw and roll.
- Blow bubbles to be caught.
- Allow the child to play/explore on swings, slides and bikes.
- Give opportunities to pour water.