A child with a connecting schema is interested in joining things together.
A child with a connecting schema may:
- Tie chair legs (or even peoples legs) together.
- Love joining the carriages of trains together and taking them apart.
- Enjoy all sorts of construction toys.
- Once they are drawing enjoy joining dots or lines together.
- Connecting any items they can together.
If a child has a connecting schema, a parent/carer might like to provide:
- Tow trucks and cars.
- Train sets.
- String and wool.
- Construction blocks.
- Masking tape and junk modeling items.
- Any items that can be connected together.