A child who has a transformation schema is interested in things (or themselves) changing or changing appearance.
This can show itself in interesting ways, some of which could be really inconvenient or even annoying, such as covering their hands with paint or their face with your makeup!
This child may:
- Love to mix different coloured paints together
- Demolish another child’s careful building or even take things apart
- Show an interest in ice melting or jelly setting
- Loves dressing up clothes
If your child has transformation schema provide toys, other objects and activities such as:
- Baking cakes together
- Making home made ice lollies
- Building blocks to build up and knock down
- Lots of dressing up clothes
- Lots of play dough