A child that has a trajectory schema is interested in things, and themselves moving in straight lines up and down or across.
It is a very common schema and one that young babies will often display, explaining why they love to drop things from their highchairs.
A child with a trajectory Schema may
- Always seem to be running around
- Likes throwing things
- Likes to play with running water
- Likes pushing things in a straight line
If your child has a trajectory schema you might like to provide
- Provide soft balls to throw and roll
- Blow bubbles to be caught
- Allow them to play on swings, slides and bikes
- Give opportunities to pour water